WeTheFest16: Not so summer festival!

0 Comments
I made a post draft on my phone and then it crashed and everything disappeared. So here is to the mishaps my phone experienced, I'm retyping my post for Wethefest16.

It's that time of the year when We the festival is back. This year, I managed to get a bigger group of friends to come with me. Props to Ismaya for bringing in a bomb lineup, especially The 1975! THANK YOU.

This years festival gave me mixed feelings. On one hand I wanted to enjoy the weather and at least not have to listen to music in a raincoat but I had to watch my favourite band so I wen't ahead and did everything I could to get as close to the stage as possible. I also love Alina Baraz whom I listen to from my premature slow song phase days. As usual they had good but overpriced things.

The worst part of this was that there was an H&M popup shop and since it was raining, my fabric drawstring bag was wet. Worry in fear that my technology will break, I decided to go to H&M to grab a leather drawstring. However, as I arrive I had to wait outside for the people inside to leave as it will be "too full". In normal circumstances I would understand this, but it began raining hard and the people inside the shop aren't even there to shop they wanted shelter. So I stood under the rain waiting for them to finally leave so I could enter to buy a bag. The shelter at Wethefest was too little and I didn't anticipate rain. Highlights of this year's festival includes watching Macklemore in the parking space until it ends and still could not leave the festival area because the cars were parked in parallel and my car was stuck in between once that won't leave.

In contrast to that, they had really cool booths and the Drake hotline bling box was a very cool concept. I didn't have much time wandering around as I wanted to listen to snippets of some the singers and bands/dj performing.

Overall, I think it was a win lose situation. The rain wasn't very nice, but the lineup was worth the hype. The outside situation especially parking and raincoat provision should be improved.

P.S. I'm trying to summarise it as short as possible.

















You may also like

No comments: